Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pretty Little Liars' Ashley Benson: I'll Never Starve Myself

Excerpt from an interview Ashley did with J-14

J-14: We heard a rumor that you're going to be singing in an upcoming episode. Is that true?
Ashley: It is true, but I can't say if it's bad or good...

J-14: On the show, Hanna struggles a lot with body confidence. Was that ever an issue for you?
Ashley: It's gotten to me a little bit, but honestly, I like to eat. I like food, and I'd rather be healthy than starving myself. I think it's really important that girls out there know that what they see isn't all real. Sometimes I see pictures of myself and I'm like, "What?! That doesn't even look like me because I look so thin!" I think it's really important for readers to know that we're not all perfect - we all have flaws - and I think it's good to embrace them and to never harm yourself. I think you have to be comfortable in your own skin and you can't try to be something that you're not.

J-14: It's great that your real-life friendships with the other Liars' is so strong.
Ashley: It's so wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better cast and crew to work with. Shay [Mitchell], Troian [Bellisario], and Lucy [Hale] -- they've become like family to me. It's awesome that we can hang out off-set as well as on, so it just makes the whole experience easier. We work every day and to come to work with people you can call your friends is really a blessing.
Credit - J-14
Kelli at Gossip Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment