Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shenae Grimes Heads To Teen Vogue!

For two months this summer while on hiatus from her role on "90210" on the CW network, Toronto-born actress Shenae Grimes will work as a guest blogger and intern at Teen Vogue. "I needed a change of pace," she said.
Ms. Grimes has blogged on-line for the magazine and for Nylon as well as contributed to the Huffington Post. She said she reached out directly to Teen Vogue's editor, Amy Astley "and told her why I would love the experience."
"I told them I was an intern before I got the role on '90210,' so I'm good at delivering the mail and I'm not above that," said Ms. Grimes, 21 years old. "I believe in paying my dues."
Ms. Grimes, who will live in the East Village, hopes to gain "more experience writing and get more acquainted with the fashion culture in New York."
A spokeswoman for the magazine confirmed Ms. Grimes's visit, but said it won't be considered an internship "since she is not in college and will not be receiving school credit."


Shenae blogged
"Thanks to Marshall Heyman at Wall Street Journal online for breaking the news about my upcoming guest-blog/pseudo-internship at Teen Vogue!!! So excited to be part of the hustle and bustle of NY, a city I’ve dreamed of living in my whole life and at a magazine I’ve grown up loving nonetheless!! SO excited to be a part of the Teen Vogue team for the next couple months… Stay tuned to find out more about my Teen Vogue and Big Apple adventures! XX"

Curious about the small heart Shenae has been sporting on her face lately?
The 90210 actress, who was on vacation in Japan during the recent earthquake, has also been focusing on a philanthropic endeavor called Spread the Heart, with her friend Nikki Pennie, a fashion designer.
The two have been wearing small hearts on their faces to help spread awareness about the disaster.
"While I was there, we were channeling our inner Harujuku girl and making these funny black hearts under our eyes with mascara," Ms. Grimes said. "When we returned to LA, we realized it was a great way to start a conversation."
"Anytime I leave the house, everywhere I go people mention it," she added. "I tell people to check my website to find out more ways to help and places to donate money to the relief effort."

No comments:

Post a Comment