Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shenae Grimes' New Tattoo: 'Keep Calm'


Shenae blogged:
That’s what my new wrist tattoo means in Japanese characters, in case you guys were wondering! I normally don’t get them in such public places but I made sure it was VERY light etching and sometimes I just need that reminder easily visible! I view tattoos as badges of my life’s experiences. Tough moments or chapters in my life that I have overcome. We will all have to overcome those moments many times as life goes on but a lifelong reminder that I’ve done it once successfully helps me find peace in those situations. Odd? Maybe, but everyone finds their tools for comfort in different ways and I’ve always felt tattoos were one of mine.
‘Keep calm’ was an important lesson that I learned from the beautiful Japanese culture during my terrifying experience in Tokyo a couple of months ago. It’s one that I’ve always struggled with as a naturally anxious person leading a chaotic life growing up in the entertainment industry. Life happens hard and fast in this business and it’s not always easy to deal with but if I remember to channel the calm and resilient demeanor of the Japanese people and remember the scary moments I overcame while over there, I remember that I can get through anything just fine. You just have to keep calm in those moments to handle them as best as possible because they too shall pass. So keep calm and carry on kidlets… we should all try and be a little more like the Japanese when the going gets tough. Not recommending you go out and get a tattoo to remind ya of that as well but feel free to take a look at mine any time you feel yourself getting anxious or panicked over the little things! haha :)
Much love, xx S

No comments:

Post a Comment