Wednesday, August 18, 2010

90210's Trevor Donovan Talks About His Character Teddy Coming Out Of The Closet


When the news broke that it was Trevor Donovan's character Teddy coming out of the closet in season 3, Trevor took to twitter to address the issue with fans. He tweeted:
"“I read all your tweets and know you are all curious about the ‘gay’ character this season. Let me say, gay or straight, relationships are relationships. Everyone goes through the same kind of troubles and joys. A gay storyline will have an added issue of dealing with judgment from others. Acceptance, by family, friends, society, and self is just one of the concerns the character will be going through. It is a part of life, and it should be portrayed. I was told, and am confident, [that] the storyline will be written very well and the change in the character will be organic, NOT overnight. It’s going to be a great season 3. I look forward to chatting with you all as we progress.”

Trevor also spoke with Just Jared at the Breakthrough of the Year Awards.

On his character going gay on 90210: “It was cool when they came to me with it, I was honored, flattered that they thought I could take on something like this and handle it in the way it’s being written and what we shot so far is done very, very smart, very intelligent. It’s really going to deal with his inner turmoil, the battle, and the struggles for self acceptance that I don’t think gets addressed enough.”
On his female fans being heartbroken: “It’s not an immediate thing and it’s not a cut and dry situation; there’s going to be a gray area, a transition.”
On Proposition 8 getting overturned: “I think it’s great that they are going back and revisiting it. To me it’s a no brainer, it’s like, why would there even be a question. There are traditions people hold fast to those things, and some people are scared of change, and to me it’s not change, it’s just people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment