Tuesday, August 24, 2010

'The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev: 'I'm sure Elena's had dreams about Damon'

As if "The Vampire Diaries" heroine Nina Dobrev didn't have enough on her plate. Last season, her character Elena was torn between two of the hottest vampires broadcast television has ever seen.
This year, Nina's got her own set of fangs as she gears up to bring Katherine Pierce, Elena's evil vampire doppelganger, back to life.
We met Katherine in a series of flashbacks last year, but if the shocking Season 1 finale taught us anything, it's that we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of our new favorite villain. I caught up with Dobrev on the Vampire Diaries set in Atlanta and couldn't resist gushing a bit about her performance. As sweet as she is, Nina doesn't miss a beat playing the conniving back-stabber.
With all the attention that Katherine is getting as we gear up for Season 2, I didn't want to forget about Elena, either. I had to ask Nina -- if Damon (Ian Somerhalder) really had kissed Elena instead of Katherine, would Elena have kissed him back?
"I mean, I'm sure Elena has had dreams about Damon," Dobrev says. "I'm not sure if she was put in the position to kiss him what she would do. I feel like she has high morals, and she loves Stefan (Paul Wesley). It's always been Stefan."
Don't expect those dreams to come true any time soon, vamp fans. "I think that Elena's feelings for Damon are still friendly," Dobrev says. "She's concerned about him, and she definitely cares about him, but she and Stefan have been through so much. She wants to make that work."
Elena's love life right now is easy compared to her family situation. The last time we saw the Gilberts, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) had swallowed a bottle of pills and a vial of blood in the hopes of becoming a vampire, and Elena's Uncle John (David Anders) -- who is also her biological dad -- had met the wrong end of Katherine's knife.
And you thought your family was crazy!
"I can't say what happens to them," Dobrev says, "I don't want to ruin the fun! Things aren't going to get any easier in Elena's family situation, I'll say that much."

No comments:

Post a Comment