Sunday, August 1, 2010

‘Vampire Diaries’ to add new gay character

After the announcement that “90210″ will be following “Glee”’s lead in having one of the main male characters come out as gay, another popular CW show is following suit. Kevin Williamson, creator of “Vampire Diaries” and a supporter of GLSE (the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network), reveals that a new gay character is coming to Mystic Falls when “Vampire Diaries” returns in the fall.
“My writing staff is just a mixture of gay or gay-friendly. We all just sit around and talk about ‘Glee’ and ‘Why don’t we have a gay character?’” he says. “Which character can be gay? Which character won’t? Where will it fit in? How can I get the gay character in? I don’t want to sound like I’m a militant about it, like THERE MUST BE A GAY CHARACTER, even though I am. It’s not just that, it’s also diversity. I always feel like I don’t have enough diversity on my show, and that is one of the things I’m very conscientious of, and not just gay characters. Any diversity. In anything, I want everyone represented. I want everybody on the show.”
Credit - Whitney Milam @ hollywoodnews.com
Kelli at Gossip Freak

No comments:

Post a Comment